Preparation time: 25 mins
- 2 nos Bangda (Mackerel)
- 4 tsps Chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp Haldi powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger garlic paste (optional)
- Coconut oil (as required)
- Salt (as required)
- Wash and clean the Bangde (Mackerel), drain off the water and keep aside
- Make a paste of chilly powder, haldi powder and ginger garlic paste. Add salt and mix well
- Apply this paste to the Bangda fish and let it marinate for 10 mins
- Take a haldi leaf and apply coconut oil to it
- Place the Bangda fish in it and wrap it
- Tie it with a thread to prevent the leaf from opening up
- In a frying pan, add some coconut oil
- Place the wrapped Bangda fish in the pan
- Cover the pan with a lid and toss it at regular intervals as it gets cooked in the flavour of the coconut oil and haldi leaf
- Once the colour of the leaf changes, toss it over the other side
- Take it off the flame, let it simmer for a few seconds and then remove the thread and open the leaf
- As you unwrap the leaf, you will see the smoked..well-cooked and aromatic Bangda fish, uniformly cooked
A dish so delicious, it certainly makes your mouth water!
Your Bangda fish is ready to be savoured!
Have it as it is or with hun Sheet (hot steamed rice) and Tamboli (a coconut based uncooked gravy)
Enjoy your meal!
Don’t forget to hit that Like button and Follow our Page ‘Deepa’s Kitchen6’ on Facebook to know about our latest mouthwatering and tongue-tickling Posts and Pics!
To check out our full Menu, click Here
Do try out the yummylicious Mackerel (Bangda fish) Receipe and let us know how it turned out to be in the Comments Section below!!
Spread the love!
2 thoughts on “Mackerel (Bangda Fish) wrapped in Haldi leaf and pan-fried in Coconut oil”
This is amazing recipe 👌👌👌
Thank you dear Foodie!