The dish ‘Nirphansa Bhajji’ is made from a different type of jackfruit which is known as Breadfruit and is found mostly in the coastal areas. In Mumbai, it is available in Central Matunga. It is a seasonal fruit. This dish is a delicacy of the GSB community. We Karwaries call it ‘Nirphanas’
Preparation Time: 25 mins
- 1 Nirphanas medium sized
- 3 tsp Chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp Haldi powder
- 1/2 tsp Hing
- Besan (as per requirement)
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Peel and cut the Nirphanas into 2 halves
- Slice it finely
- Wash and drain the water
- Make a thick batter of besan, haldi, chilly powder, hing and salt
- In a kadhai, warm oil for frying
- After the oil is hot, reduce the gas to low flame
- Dip the sliced nirphanas in the batter and pour in the hot oil
- Increase the flame to medium
- Turn over the bhaji, till it gets an even colour and cooks well
- Take it out once it turns golden yellow
- Serve the Nirphansa Bhajji hot as an accompaniment with Dali and Sheet (Dal and Rice in GSB) and relish your meal!
Don’t forget to hit that Like button and Follow our Page ‘Deepa’s Kitchen6’ on Facebook to know about our latest mouthwatering and tongue-tickling Posts and Pics!
To check out our full Menu, click Here
Do try out the yummylicious Nirphansa Bhajji Receipe and let us know how it turned out to be in the Comments Section below!!
Spread the love!